Re: [WWP] GPS Accuracy

From: Jim Nolan (panache426@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 09:02:40 PDT

Dennis:
The GPS will never get altitude as accurately as longitude and latitude. It
has to do with the geometry of the satellites and the earth in solving the
height. Your best bet for altitude measurement is an adjusted
barometer/altimeter. Variations of 8,000 to 12,000 feet shows something is
wrong, I would expect altitude with GPS to be good to about 200-300 feet or
better.

Jim Nolan P-19 #426 Panache Colorado