[WWP] Change in "Reply To" addressing mode

From: Dennis W. Farrell (DFARRELL@ridgecrest.ca.us)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 15:29:11 PDT

There are currently 561 members on the list. I abstained. 1 person wrote an
unhappy note about another person's comment, but I wasn't sure what that
first person's vote was intended to be. 10 people voted against changing.
12 people voted for changing. 537 people didn't vote (if you'll remember, I
asked that those who didn't really care not to vote)

Worst case then: 11 votes not to change, 12 votes to change

LIST ADDRESSING HAS BEEN CHANGED TO "MODE B". "REPLY TO SENDER" WILL ONLY
REPLY TO THE SENDER, NOT TO THE LIST.

Please - if you use "Reply to all" remember to delete the original sender's
name from the address line to avoid that person receiving 2 copies. Not
critical, just basic consideration.

When you decide to reply only to the sender, please remember that the whole
list often (no, not always<G>) benefits from the information we share.
Consider the recent thread(s) on sailing in the Northeast. A much wider
audience enjoyed this than the originators had thought.

   -- dwf (Potter Mailing List maintainer)

Get your money connected @ OnMoney.com - the first Web site that lets
you see and manage all of your finances all in one place.