[WWP] geona track, sort of

From: John Marotzke (jmarotz@usol.com)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 15:26:27 PDT

OK, I figured it out for about $10.00 total.

After going to the sail boat store and finding that Genoa tracks (for my
P-15) were going to cost me an arm and a leg. Nearly $100.00 each. I got to
wondering how the old sailors would have done it? What I came up with is
this:

My P-15 has side rails. I tied a length of 3/8 line to the rail with a
constrictor knot at the point where the rail bolts to the cabin. Then tied a
knot every 3 to 4 inches in the line. The other end I tied to the aft
vertical part of the side rail. This give me my Genoa track with settings
every 3 to 4 inches. Are you with me so far? Next a snap safety clip and a
small block is needed. The safety clip has a small end and a large end. The
small end will slide down the line until it comes to a knot. Viola! A track
stop. Then just run your Genoa sheet through the block and back to your jib
cam cleat. It works great. And all for just a few bucks.

Coming soon, on my web site will be photo's of the above set up. Plus the
other 20 + additions I have added to my P-15 and boat trailer. :-)

John Marotzke
Ortonville, MI
P-15 #1910 "Hooray"

Get your money connected @ OnMoney.com - the first Web site that lets
you see and manage all of your finances all in one place.