Re: [WWP] Glad to know I am not the only one.......

From: happy life skills foundation (hapilife@efn.org)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 19:55:42 PDT

Ok, folks, here's my confession:

I was launching near the mouth of a very small river (the sammamish
"slough") planning to head out into Lake Washington, in my 1988 p-15. I
was motoring out the slough when i glanced at the jib sheets, realizing
that i hadn't knotted them. I continued to look down at the sheets, trying
to knot them using my free hand, when........THUNK! I had motored into a
bunch of blackberrie bushes on the bank. It was September, the berries
were very ripe. Suddenly, in the flash of an instant, my yellow potter had
turned into...a blackberry surprise!

Fortunately, the bushes stopped my boat from really smashing hard into
anything. After a few expletives, I proceeded to clean the deck off, by
eating the blackberries. And the stains came off while sailing upwind on
the lake.

It did teach me a very important lesson:WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING AT ALL
TIMES....

Ken Silverman, lorax-15, Bothell, WA

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Bill Piper wrote:

> Kristin and others,
> I wish to second your thank you to all of the people with the good
> stories. And Kristin, intimidated? I still haven't gotten mine wet (I've had
> it for about a month now). My back has been giving me more trouble so I've
> been holding off launching it for the first time. I'm very intimidated. It
> is nice to hear that others have problems and can solve them and smile about
> it later. I have to get mine in the water SOON!!! Thank you all for making
> this new comer feel comfortable.
> Bill Piper
> WWP15 #2082 "Day Dream" ing (and that's all I've been doing)

Do you play golf? Check out Chipshot.com to
find everything you need to enjoy the game of golf