[WWP] Mast Crutch for 15?

From: happy life skills foundation (hapilife@efn.org)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 10:53:54 PDT

Hello All,

THere's been some talk about raising lowering masts on 19's.....

What do you 15 owners do about a crutch for our little dinky guy?

I have a strange kinda set up. The previous owner unrigged the lights on
the trailer and built a little crutch/with lights that fits over the
transom. Made outa 2x4 and some plywood (3/4 i guess). It works well
because your lights never get wet and they end up on the transom, a highly
visible place for a small boat on the highway....

Forward, the mast lays on a foam pillow atopt the sliding hatch. open is
more balanced than closed but either will do.

I secure the mast for and aft with the docklines, to the cleats.

It's not too bad but I was curious about how everybody else does
it...thanks!

Ken Silverman, p-15,"vegan lorax",bothell, wa