[WWP] P15 "liveability" questions

From: Tom Hill (tvhill@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 18:19:05 PDT

WWP Friends,

I have recently become the owner of a P15 that was owned by Lars Mulford
(formerlyėAlwaysî) and am now getting more familiar with her
characteristics. I have a couple of questions about P15s for which I
would like to speed up my ėlearning curveî on them as much as possible.
As a result, I am asking all of you for your feedback (and wisdom?):

(1) One of the features that is most striking in comparing it to the P19
I used to own is that there is much less space inside. I would
appreciate ideas how to store needed (or wanted) items in the limited
space available. How would two adults live aboard a P15 for a period of
time (say up to a week)?

(2) What is the best way to increase the flotation in the P15,
especially towards the stern? I have concerns with dependability,
durability, and access to the interior of the hull, as well as also
having needed storage space.

(2) How do two persons who care for each other, and like to sleep in
close proximity manage it on a P15? (I have heard enough complaints
about this that I know there will be no "ideal solution".)

Thanks for your thoughts,

Tom Hill
S/V P15 (Hull # 2125)
ėMorning Starî
(A Little Victory)

ė...only that day dawns to which we are awake.
There is more to day than dawn. The Sun is but a
Morning Star.î
          Walden, by Henry David Thoreau