Re: [WWP] Source for Honda 2hp motor

From: hlg@pacbell.net
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 10:20:05 PDT

In the meantime, you might check your local lawn mower repair shop. I found
a replacement valve for my Seagull fuel valve that screwed right in and has
a strainer like the Seagull valve. Both the original metal Seagull valve
and the replacement plastic Seagull valve had failed. The lawnmower valve I
used is brass and requires multiple turns to open and close, but only cost
a few bucks. I haven't been using the Seagull since I replaced the valve a
year or so ago. The 70 lb thrust MinnKota electric has been serving me okay
for the type of sailing I've been doing.

Harry Gordon
P14 #234, Manatee
Mountain View, CA

>Yo Potter people:
>
>Attempted to take Sukoshi out for the first sail of the season yesterday.
>Got rigged, launched and moved down the dock and pointed into the wind.
>Attached rudder and tiller; then the lightning started. Glad we weren't out
>in the middle of the lake. A new record for retreiving and unrigging was
>set, no doubt. In the process of cleaning up after the 'fire drill' at home,
>noticed that the ol' Seagull fuel valve that I tricked into working last year
>by replacing it's cork 'seal' with whipping twine <hey, it actually worked
>and was better than $50 for one that would also leak due to it's superior
>design and choice of materials (cork) from jolly old England> now leaks like
>a seive. Soooo, it's time to pony up and buy that new Honda 2hp. Has anyone
>purchased one lately? Who has the best prices as the local Honda shop wants
>full retail and won't budge a inch? Is the place in Texas still the best
>deal? And NO, I don't want an electric trolling motor.
>
>Bill de Ment P-15 #1044 'Sukoshi'
>Eagle, Idaho

Get your money connected @ OnMoney.com - the first Web site that lets
you see and manage all of your finances all in one place.