[WWP] DISMASTED !

From: Magico1@aol.com
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 23:15:13 PDT

   After many years of sailing I finally went and did it! I got dismasted.
Now I would like to tell you a real salty tale of heavy seas and big winds,
but what really took my mast was a big tree. Saturday morning I was ready to
launch Sunshine for the Delta Ditch Race, when I didn't notice a big tree
branch in my way. CRASH ! I knew my weekend was ruined. My forestay snapped,
along with a large tree branch. I knew my weekend was ruined! But my fellow
Potter Yachters came to the rescue. Judy found a piece of steel cable, Bruce
Hood found a thimble, Dave Kautz found a couple of clamps. About twenty
minutes after I lost my mast I was ready to launch again. I want to thank all
the Potter Yachters who came to my rescue and saved my day. THANK YOU !

                       Jerry Barrilleaux HMS 18 # 48 Sunshine