Re: [WWP] Handrails - Stainless Steel may be best

From: Scott Pack (scott.pack@pictureiq.com)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 12:53:35 PDT

Thanks for the suggestion. As I am already throwing more money down the
head than I would like, I prefer not to replace them with new teak, let
alone stainless. Unless of course I can be persuaded that my repairs are a
waste of time. My handrails are not rotting, and are in otherwise fine
shape except for the now repaired cracks. I suspect the handrail is now
stronger than ever. If anyone has comments or answers to this scenario, I
would enjoy reading them. Thank you.

-Scott

At 03:31 PM 5/8/00 EDT, solarfry@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 5/8/00 12:01:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>eezilbert@ucdavis.edu writes:
>
><< My hand rails are in good shape and seem strong. However, if I was going
> to replace them I would do so with stainless steel handrails that can be
> through bolted. Maybe not as pretty, but you know they aren't going to rot
> or break! - Eric
> Eric Zilbert
> Davis "not by the sea" California
> P19 #621 "Riptide" >>
>
>And you don't have to oil and sand them all the time. Of course, if you are
>a purist, a handrail that won't rot/break/look awful is not your cup of
>tea... <EBG>
>
>Best
>SF

Get your money connected @ OnMoney.com - the first Web site that lets
you see and manage all of your finances all in one place.