[WWP] Potter spotter 4

From: Bill Payne (bpayne@sanynet.ne.jp)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 13:08:52 PDT

Jim Jessie, Captain of the Nalu 4, called yesterday to report he spotted a
Potter in the waters around Nagasaki, Japan. This is probably the Global
Marine demo model imported around last November and used as a sale
promotion in the southern island of Kyushu.
The Nalu is about 1/2 half finished with the second leg of the passage to
Seattle. I will meet the boat in about a week to deliver a new 35 pound
anchor to replace the one lost on the first leg, charts for Nakhoba,
Russia, a U.S. Coastal Pilot book of light markers, and 6 International
Dateline passage certificates. And 1 bottle of rum and 1 bottle of
burbon... Roy, the Basque crewman, will return with me to Osaka for a
little sight seeing before we meet the boat in Niigata about March 20.
Bill Payne,
Pilgrim