Re: [WWP] Check out my new mast raising system

From: solarfry@aol.com
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 07:52:01 PDT

In a message dated 5/11/00 6:40:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
DrJudyB@pacbell.net writes:

<< For trailering, I put a shock cord sail tie around the furled jib itself ,
 and bungee it to the mast along the whole length. A few feet stick out past
 the front of of the boat when the mast is down. I attach one end of a
 bungee cord to the drum of the cdi and the other to the roof of my van to
 support the part sticking out. If you don't have a high roofed van, you can
 lash something (whisker pole?) to the bottom of the mast as an extension.

I had a piece of 2"x2"x8' attached to bottom of mast with double sided velcro
to hold cdi swivel drum sticking out past bow pulpit. Worked pretty good for
those 2,000 miles I trailered P19 last year.

SF

Win $500 at freewarranty.com!
Click Here: