Re: [WWP] P15's at Foster City, May 27

From: hlg@pacbell.net
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 10:00:04 PDT

Lest there be any confusion, Dory has informed me that the Potter Yachters
Foster City P15 event announced for May27-28 is basically a daysail for
Saturday May 27. Sunday is optional for for those who might want to stay
over and do some more sailing.

Harry
P14 #234
Mountain View, CA

>Additional info on Foster City.
>
>Electric motors are allowed.
>
>Docks and seawalls are unpadded, so fenders are recommended. Watch out for
>sharp corner when moving boat from ramp dock to long dock.
>
>Wind will lessen under bridges, so get sufficient speed to carry through.
>(Not difficult.) Use center span for maximum clearance--about 3 ft above
>P15 mast. All three bridges are similar.
>
>Directions from 101: Take Hillsdale to Foster City Boulevard, turn right
>on Bounty Drive, just before the bridge, then left into parking lot.
>
>Or (my favorite) turn right on Shell from Hillsdale, then left on Bounty,
>then right into parking lot at Boat Park.
>
>Harry
>
>>~~~~~~~P15 Weekend/Daysail at Foster City Lagoon, May 27-28~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>An event specially organized for the P15's by Dory Taylor and Oscar
>>Koechlin.
>>
>>We will start the sail at 10am., racing to the restaurant complex, having
>>lunch, racing to the end of the canal (very wide - made for sailing) and
>>back to lauching ramps at Boat Park. Assemble between 8-8:30am., launch
>>8:30-9:30, start sail at 10am.
>>
>>Foster City Lagoon has both flat water and good winds blowing off SF Bay.
>>There are several bridges to cross under, and boats with taller masts than
>>the P15 may not fit underneath. P19's will not fit.
>>
>>Free Launch, well maintained ramp, 2 lanes, space to tie up 20 Potters; 1
>>portable toilet enclosure, space to park 30 cars with trailers, plus 20
>>normal parking spaces (all this normally empty). NO ENGINES ALLOWED (nor
>>needed).
>>
>>Space on 2 underutilized well maintained docks at Restaurant waterside
>>complex for 12 Potters .
>>
>>For lunch, we will chose among four large restaurants all with waterside
>>tables (a total of some 40/4people tables alongside windows on the water):
>>Chevys Fresh Mex (Enchilada Platter $6.99) Waterfront Pizza (1 topping 12"
>>$9.55, hamburger 1/2#'s $2.99) Mr. Fong's Seafood Restaurant (Cashew chicken
>>$7.25) O'Donnegans Irish restaurant (Angus Burger $5.45 with fries)
>>
>>Restaurant complex is mid-way of the 5 mile sail.
>>
>>At night you could anchor in the large lagoon and spend the night at anchor,
>>or dockside at Boat Park (checked with the Foster City Police and they told
>>me I could leave my van and trailer there overnight - even though
>>technically the park is closed it is not locked up and there should be no
>>problem - all that I would advise is that we should be quiet since it is a
>>residential area).
>>
>>Directions: From Freeway 92 (San Mateo Bridge is Highway 92) exit at Foster
>>City Blvd direction SE (this is the first exit in San Mateo after the
>>bridge). Follow Foster City Blvd SE to make a RIGHT on Bounty Dr. and
>>immediate left on Boat Park (you are there!)
>>
>>For more information, contact the trip host, Oscar Koechlin,
>>koechlin@ix.netcom.com, home 650 345-4826 or Dory Taylor via email at
> [...]

Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive chemistry
experiments.