Re: [WWP] Have the "keel" galvanized?

From: Dave & Francesca Kautz (dfkautz@pacbell.net)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 22:28:47 PDT

I removed the rusty centerboard from #1632 (built in 1987) and had it
galvanized about 18 months ago. The charge was reasonable, just under
$50. I also weighed it when it was out and it was 73 lbs.. Combined with
the 26 lbs of concrete pavers I removed at the same time (one had come
loose on it's own), the sum is very close to the 100 lbs. of ballast
advertised at that time.

I kind of like having it galvanized since it is not really practical to
rinse it off following salt water use once it has been retracted. Though
I think a good epoxy job would work just as well.

Dave Kautz
P-15 #1632, Tilly Lucy
Palo Alto, CA