Re: [WWP] Have the "keel" galvanized?

From: Dave & Francesca Kautz (dfkautz@pacbell.net)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 08:33:55 PDT

The Cruising Dinghies folks in the UK discriminate between
"Centerboards" which are wood or FRP functioning primarily as foils and
"Centerplates" which are metal and provide some righting moment as well.
Apparently the Wayfarer dinghy popular there has been built both ways. I
like the term "centerplate" and I think it's an appropriate way to
describe the item in the P-15.

It's the P-19 that has the "drop keel" which would be described as a
daggerboard if it were not so heavy.....

Dave Kautz
P-15 #1632, Tilly Lucy
Palo Alto, CA