Re: [WWP] P-19 Kick-up Rudder

From: Paul Anstett (panstett2@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 16:14:38 PDT

Hi Karen,

I periodically lubricate my kick-up rudder with
silicone, using a silicone stick that can be purchased
at any hardware store (looks somewhat like a lumber
crayon). How often? As soon as it gets difficult to
raise. Just remove the rudder, take out the bolt,
slap the stuff on both sides in the areas that
experience the friction, hook back up and go sailing.
Works like a charm.

Paul Anstett
P19 "Sarahspunda"
Fargo