Re: [WWP] truth and integrity

From: Karen Johnson (kojohns@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 11:31:29 PDT

> "What is the REAL weight of a stock, empty P19 anyhow???? NOBODY KNOWS, not
> me nor Jerry Barrilleax or anybody at IM. --Judy"

Well, I may be able to help with that answer. Since we live in Ohio, we have a
funny law that states that we need the trailer weight(empty, of course) on an
official weight slip to register our trailer and get plates. Luckily we have
plates from our snark trailer that we are currently using until we figure out
how to coordinate this task. Once we have the trailer weight. We can take the
boat to our local feed store and for $4 they will weigh the whole thing and
subtract out the trailer to get the boat weight. Now, I am not planning on
removing the lines and rigging from the boat. I hope that is not a problem. I
also have a bit of electronics--depth sounder, compass, stereo & speakers. What
items should I remove from the boat to satisfy your desire to know what the
empty weight of a P-19 1998 Potter is? Everything else not nailed down? Take
the porta-potti out, too--I assume. I'd rather not unfurl the genoa from the
forestay, either. Unless you feel that is necessary for the task at hand. I
guess it won't be perfect anyway since we have options installed on the boat
that a stock boat wouldn't have. But it should be in the ballpark. We will
probably do this within the next 2 weeks.

Easy weighing,

Karen Johnson
Miss Maggie, P-19, #1010
Grafton, OH