RE: [WWP] Re: Mast and Furler Cover

From: Judith Franklin Blumhorst, DC (DrJudyB@pacbell.net)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 13:06:24 PDT

Bard,

Take a look at
http://www.catalinadirect.com/furling%20jib%20sock/furling%20jib%20sockintro
.html for a roller furler sock.

Judy B
-----Original Message-----
From: Bard Johnson [mailto:NBARD@worldnet.att.net]
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2000 11:28 AM
To: WWPotter@egroups.com
Subject: [WWP] Re: Mast and Furler Cover

Karen:
Your cover sounds like what we have been contemplating for a couple of
years. I there any way to get a photo of it posted for others to see,
and maybe copy?

I use the mainsail cover to store the flaked mainsail for travel and
storage. After neatly flaking and loosely tying the mainsail to the
boom, I slip all the sail slugs out of the mast groove, followed by the
gooseneck. Next, wrap the end of the sail cover over the end of the
boom and tie it around the boom-sail bundle. Disconnect the topping
lift and the whole bundle easily stores inside the cabin for travel.

Regards:
Bard Johnson
P-19 #997 "Passing Wind"
San Jose, CA