Re: [WWP] Which is better for P15, gas or electric?

From: Bruce Hood (bhood@sunset.net)
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 15:55:07 PDT

Anthony, I think the gasoline motor has the advantage if you are
going to deal with much in the way of wind, current, or distance.
It's good to be able to refuel if you are trying to get back home in
difficult conditions with the sails dropped and furled for safety..
My P15 's motor is a 2HPshort shaft, and works fine as long as
there is some weight (190lbs of me!) in the cockpit.
Cheers,
Bruce
Bruce Hood P-15 Aillte, Sail no. 1246
Chico,CA

Anthony Laspina wrote:

> Any opinions out there for which motor is better for a P15? The gas
> motor which came with my boat is in perfect condition but the shaft
> is too short. I'm debating whether to spring for a new gas motor or
> get a powerful electric instead. The lower cost and quiet of an
> electric is appealing, but I do want something that will get me home
> when the going is rough. (I owned a tiny electric motor in the past
> for my dinghy and was disapointed---preferred to row instead.) Any
> electric owners out there who are satisfied? Are the salt water
> models worth the extra costs?

> Save 75% on Products!
> Find incredible deals on overstocked items with Free shipping!
>
> Post: WWPotter@egroups.com
> Help: WWPotter-owner@egroups.com

Make new friends, find the old at Classmates.com: