Re: [WWP] Which is better for P15, gas or electric?

From: solarfry@aol.com
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 06:52:34 PDT

In a message dated 5/15/00 4:43:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ChrisSayer@StratfordGroup.com writes:

<SNIP>
<< What thrust you get is available NOW with a twist of the grip. >>

And... That twist of the grip gives you REVERSE! On demand!

I often think that pitch of prop is what gives these electric motors a speed
limit of 4 mph. I could swear a different pitch prop would allow higher
speeds. My 35 lb and my 50 lb thrust all seem to hit a limit of 4mph when no
wind or current is involved. If I use a gas motor it runs at 6 mph at low
throttle settings. The most efficient and economical hull speed for the boat
per its brochure is 6 mph.

I also find that if you use an extension you have to use an 8 or lower number
AWG to keep wire from overheating.

Best
SF
C22
S13
S20
Florida
Hillsboro inlet weather:
80 deg, PCloudy, SSE 5

Win an iMac computer from The Apples in stereo and other
FREE great stuff at RollingStone.com!