Re: [WWP] Which is better for P15, gas or electric?

From: hlg@pacbell.net
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 21:22:09 PDT

I agree. Sometime ago I e-mailed MinnKota to ask, as I recall, about a
propeller better suited for sailboats. The reply warned against changing
propellers because of the possibility of exceeding the current limitation
of the motor. As for sailboats, the reply was that "MinnKota is in the
fishing business."

Hope you enjoy your 65. It should perform about the same as my RT70/S. Is
yours 12 V or 24 V?

Harry Gordon
P14 #234, Manatee
Mountain View, CA

>I just got the 65lbs thrust MinnKota to replace the 42lbs I
>had which barely could handle wind and current. I did not
>test it yet but I believe it should give me about twice the
>oomph the old one had and two extra batteries will make a
>nice ballast. I kept the old battery to handle an autopilot
>and other electrics.
>I agree with SF; it is a shame MinnKota ignores the sailboat
>market and does not designs a better prop weedless or not.
>Especially now that gas outboards are restricted in many
>places
>Lionel L. Galibert
>P15 #2072 "KIROLOU"
>Hudson River/Long Island Sound
>llgalib@banet.net
>ICQ 10084021
>http://members.tripod.com/~llgalib/

Join Garden.com's affiliate program and enjoy numerous benefits.
To learn more click here: