Re: P19 Prob/Questions

Paul Allikas (paul.allikas@ibm.net)
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 14:28:22 -0400

The Costas wrote:

> Forget putting holes from the cabin liner into the bilge, I ended up
> caulking up the only one HC had to stop water from the bilge entering the
> cabin. On a P19 you "might" have a screw in drain plug in the end of the
> fiberglass keel just below the cockpit drain. As far as putting a drain in
> the anchor line cabinet, I wouldn't. These are small boats and do bury the
> bow now and then.
>
> Larry

I have a 1998 model P19, and have both the rear weep hole and front hole from
the cabin liner into the bilge. I assumed that the front hole was for routing
the electrical lines as they were already there. I also have the (factory)
drain hole in the anchor locker, into the bilge. As the anchor rode locker has
a louvered door into the Vberth, I would expect that you WOULD want this drain,
considering the alternatives of wet feet. I am looking at ways to access this
drain hole to install a tubing led to a through hull (possible the sink drain)
to avoid loading up the bilge.

--
Paul Allikas
Raleigh, NC