Re: Outboard Motor Question

Ted Duke (tduke@cfw.com)
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 14:29:38 -0400

Hank,

I am sure that a 4 cycle causes less polution. Hopefully in the future all of
us will be powered by 4 cycles or electrics. However, I think we need to keep
things in perspective. I for example used less than 3 gallons of fuel in my 6HP
Johnson last year. I watch jetskis fill up every few hours. I have never seen
a "cigarette boat" fill up, but I would guess they burn more than 3 gals per
several hundred yards. I am not in the market for a new propulsion unit until
this one quits forever.

Ted