Sailing in NH

Krumpe, Andrew (Andrew.Krumpe@NeslabInstruments.com)
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 10:44:44 -0500

they had a common interest in West Wight Potters. The purpose and spirit
of this group is to enable discussion between people far removed from
each other. I believe I speak for most of us that I look forward to
reading my email from this group. I enjoy the experiences shared and
have even learned some things. I even enjoy the occasional barbs that
people launch around. After a while, though, I hope that discussion
topics return to those things pertaining to owning, sailing and
appreciating West Wight Potters. May we please try to keep that spirit
in mind when we post messages? Thank you.
-----Original Message-----
From: Forrest Brownell [mailto:forrest@slic.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 1998 10:07 AM
To: wwpotter@tscnet.com
Subject: The Big Chill

With reference to Jerry Smith's recent admonitory note: "Chill"? I
thought I was cool enough to Mr. Costa as it was. In any case, I
found Mr. Costa's initial remarks boorish and his grasp of history
naive, and said so. Silence is often taken to denote agreement, after
all, and I wouldn't have Bruce Longstaff conclude that all Americans
are as bellicose as Mr. Costa. A very temperate aim, I should have
thought.

Forrest Brownell

South Colton NY
forrest@slic.com