Re: Columbia River (was)I'm talkin' 'bout pottering!

Steven W. Barnes (Oldsurfdude@worldnet.att.net)
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 12:57:47 -0800

Ron Force wrote:

> The Columbia is navigable as far as the TriCities
> (Richland-Pasco-Kenniwick, WA).

That might be the trip. I have a brother and his family who live there,
and I do remember seeing lots of vessels on the river. Think that's
what gave me the idea, originally.

> Make the route up the Columbia, and detour into the Snake River--it's
> navigable to Lewiston Idaho. Then by trailer 120 miles North to Post
> Falls.

That sounds like a cool trip, too. I was afraid the "trailering part"
would get back into the picture somehow. I suppose I could trailer all
the way up, sailing here and there occasionally along the way. As I
recall, that was part of the original idea behind a trailered sailboat.

> Good sailing on Lake Coeur d'Alene once you get here.

I've been on the tour boat there. Beautiful! Hope to sail it someday.

> For a good book on the Columbia River, see if you can find:
> Cody, Robin, Voyage of a summer sun : canoeing the Columbia River, New
> York : Knopf : Distributed by Random House, 1995.

I'll look for it. Thanks! :)

--
Steve Barnes sailing a Capri 16, and saleing a Potter 14, in San Diego.

OLDSURFDUDE