Fwd: The Price Is Right (11/2)

GSTahoe@aol.com
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 00:56:38 EST

--part0_910072599_boundary

Tom--

I hate to burst your bubble, but this isn't the first Potter to be given away
on The Price is Right. I've had my Potter about five years or so, and I
remember my dad, who is no longer alive, telling me about seeing a P-15 being
given away. I also saw a P-15 myself on The Price is Right some time ago.
When I bought Lollipop, the Potter was manufactured by HMS marine. This seems
to be some kind of advertising that pays off, because they have done it more
than a few times.

I doubt there's many Potterers who haven't noticed the Subaru ads showing a
Subaru pulling a Potter. These ads have been running for the last year or
two. Yes, we may be an elite bunch, but the public is occasionally exposed to
the Potter. They also used to advertise regularly in sailing magazines.
That's where I found out about the boat. As a matter-of-fact, I bought my
boat sight unseen from an ad in a sailing magazine. I think I kind of lucked
out in that the boat has worked out so well for me. When I look back, making
a purchase like that without seeing it from a magazine ad was a little stupid.
Knowing what I know now about HMS marine makes it even chancier. The
improvements made by International Marine are quite impressive.

Anyhow, keep up the enthusiasm, enjoy your boat and hope you never get used to
folks saying to you, "My, what a cute little boat! Do you sleep on that? Can
one person sail it? Just how little is it?" and so on.

Geoff
P-15 Lollipop
No. Lake Tahoe, NV

--part0_910072599_boundary