Re: David Diefenderfer's Inland Odysseys

Gordon (hlg@pacbell.net)
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 15:38:42 -0800

Ron Force wrote:

>A good source for used books is www.interloc.com. They publish
>inventory software for bookstores, and the databases are combined at
>their web site. You can place the order online.
>
>They currently list two copies for sale:
>
>16 Author: Violet/Smith Charles/Stanley Title: The Wind Calls the Tune
>The Eventful Voyage of the Nova Espero Description: D. VAn Nostrand
>Company, 1952. 1st Edition. Hardback. B&W illustrations. Very good
>condition. Very good jacket.. Family Stamp. Topic/Keywords: Literature
>(Lit.) Nova Espero Sailing Price: $31.95 Offered By: HARVESTC Info/Order
>
>32 Author: SMITH,Stanley Title: WIND CALLS THE TUNE,Eventful Voyage of
>'Nova Espero' Description: VanNostPub, 1952. 1st ed. glossy photo. vg
>cond. 5x8", 189ps, Brothers sail 20'boat,England to N.Y..
>Topic/Keywords: boat ocean sail sea Price: $15.00 Offered By: PIERCEBK
>Info/Order

Thanks, Ron. I hadn't made any effort to find this book previously; it just
occurred to me and seemed like a good idea when the subject of historical
Potter publications came up. You saved me much time, I'm sure.

I called Wonderful Books by Mail in Oroville, CA, which was the place
listing the $15.00 copy. (A Potter sailor is always frugal. ) I was quoted
a price of $12 plus California tax of $.85, so my check is in the mail (no
credit cards accepted).

The other book at $31.95 is apparently in excellent condition and would
still be a find for anyone interested in quaint and curious volumes of
Potter lore.

Many thanks,

Harry Gordon
P14 #234, Manatee