RE: List

Eric Johnson (ej@tx3.com)
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 08:48:56 -0800

<snip>

> E-mail is text based and uses very little disc space unless graphics or
> downloads are attached...
>
> Sometimes we cannot get in on the messages at the right time and
> miss out on a
> lot of good info for all the trimming... I personally like it when the
> backgrounds are still attached to all the replies...
>
> Bandwidth? shandwith... This is all text based... You save maybe 150 bits.
> Ain't worth it... Now, if it were graphics based, that would suck up some
> power....

Its not the bandwidth of the line that is getting wasted to any signifigant
degree... its the bandwidth of the reader. I get several hundred emails per
day and I too hate to wade through reams of old material just to get to the
new stuff, and 99% of readers on all mailing lists agree. Its ok to quote
the signatures.