Re: Removing the Name

Ted Duke (tduke@cfw.com)
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 20:59:31 -0500

Bill,

Checked with my son. He said brake fluid will SOMETIMES take paint off of
PLASTIC, he doesn't know about fiberglass. You might try a little brake fluid
in some inconspicous place inside the boat to make sure it doesn't harm the
gelcoat. If it doesn't, try it. However, he suggests that you have whoever is
making the new lettering make you a solid background the color of your boat and
place the lettering on it and then install it on the boat. Or if the color of
the boat would be hard to match, use a different shade, like off-white for
white, or gray with black lettering or whatever. Sorry I can't offer any other
solutions.

Ted Duke
WWP19 #626

snip