Re: Hoist hooks on a P-19???

GSTahoe@aol.com
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 14:06:13 EST

In a message dated 11/15/98 9:52:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,
JBlumhorst@aol.com writes:

> I'm getting frustrated! We can't store our P-19 at home and I can't find a
> marina around here that has dry storage and a launch ramp that I can get to
> without lowering the mast. But they all have hoists for launching keel
> boats.

Judith,

Perhaps I'm not being sympathetic enough, but it sounds like you're making a
big deal out of what shouldn't be. Is lowering the mast in order to launch
that big an issue? That is what most of us do in order to use our boats
anyway. In the last issue of the Boat/US mag, they recommend lowering the
mast for dry storage anyway to lessen the chance of the boat being unstable on
it's jack stands. It may be that you just have not been lowering and raising
the mast enough that it has become an easy automatic job. I have helped others
with P-19's and, granted, it is a little more difficult on the P-19, you can
still do it in 15 minutes or so. With two people it's no more difficult to
rig a P-19 than a P-15. One person can do it easily enough, but it requires a
little more effort. Isn't a hoist kind of expensive?

Geoff
P-15 Lollipop
N. Lake Tahoe, NV