Fwd: Rigging the main sheet

GSTahoe@aol.com
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 01:21:59 EST

--part0_911542920_boundary

From: GSTahoe@aol.com
To: panstett2@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Rigging the main sheet
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 01:20:31 EST

In a message dated 11/19/98 9:52:49 PM Pacific Standard Time,
panstett2@yahoo.com writes:

> I was reluctant to share this information, because the last thing I
> want to do is to be self-serving on this wonderful Potter Net. Yet,
> I'm very familiar with vinyl applications, so I thought I should.

Paul,

I had "Lollipop" graphics done the same way you do them as well as the boat
registration number. It looks really professional and sharp. I spent a few
more bucks than you would getting hokey paste-on letters and numbers, but the
graphics adds a lot to the appearance of the boat. I also have custom made
cockpit cushions with the name "Lollipop" in the pinstriping on both sides of
the cushions.

There are definitely two types of Potterers in this group. There is a group
that tries to keep their boat as cheap, er, I mean inexpensive, simple and
safe as possible.

There is the group that wants their Potter to really stand out-everything
perfect, "ship shape" and safe as possible.

There's a lot to be said for both groups. Those of us that need everything as
perfect as possible probably also wax our cars two to four times a year, never
allow dust on the dashboard and use engine cleaner on the engine.

Those that keep it as practical as possible probably need a paint job on their
car, but it runs forever. They're they guys with the nifty organizers on
their sun visors and always have dust on the dash and laugh at those guys who
use engine degreaser.

If you fall amongst the group that likes it nice, neat and professional, get
the boat name done as Paul has described. If you like it simple, you can use
a Marks-A-Lot.

I really hope I haven't offended anyone by making two groups of Potterers, but
I'd be willing to bet up to three bucks we all find ourselves in one group or
the other.

Geoff
P-15 Lollipop
No. Lake Tahoe, NV