Re: Frugal Yachting - Brendan the Navigator - boat?

Scott (sfoshee@NMLRP.nmlrp.com)
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 10:24:11 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01BE3315.600AC180

We have called the number listed, and get a machine, but the message had =
no mention of the company. I was hoping they are not out of business. =
I have checked with directory assistance too, but no dice.
-----Original Message-----
From: John Vitorino <john_vitorino@ins.com>
To: Scott <sfoshee@NMLRP.nmlrp.com>; West Wight Potter - Post =
<wwpotter@tscnet.com>
Date: Tuesday, December 29, 1998 10:14 AM
Subject: Re: Frugal Yachting - Brendan the Navigator - boat?
=20
Scott,
=20
In June of 1998 I sighted this very boat sailing in Hyannis with =
Larry Brown at the helm. I recognized the boat from the picture in his =
book. I was able to get close enough to exchange greetings. If I =
remember correctly the contact info for Larry and boat builder is in the =
Appendix of _Frugal Yachting_.
=20
--John
=20
At 08:31 AM 12/29/98 -0500, Scott wrote:=20

=20
In Larry Brown's Frugal Yachting (pages 101 - 106), he outlines =
his ideal micro cruiser, and says that a prototype has been manufactured =
by Lightship Boatworks of Hyannis, MA. A picture of the prototype is =
printed, along with a caption listing the name of the boat as "Brendan =
the Navigator." It is an interesting boat - a 15 footer with true =
standing headroom for 6'3" skippers.
=20
I have not been able to get Lightship Boatworks on the phone, =
and cannot find them on the internet. My question is, has anyone ever =
heard of this boat, were any actually in production, and is Lightship =
Boatworks still in business? Thank you for any help you may have.
=20
=20
<<<<
=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01BE3315.600AC180

We have called the number listed, = and get a=20 machine, but the message had no mention of the company.  I was = hoping they=20 are not out of business.  I have checked with directory assistance = too, but=20 no dice.
-----Original = Message-----