Re: Foam Flotation - Was Customizing the storage area under theliner?

RSKARAM@aol.com
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 13:15:36 EST

In a message dated 1/7/99 3:36:50 PM, GSTahoe@aol.com writes:

>C'mon guys, your boat will float! The only instances (once or twice) I
>can
>remember in the past seven or eight years (my experiance with the Potter)
>of
>boats turning turtle were caused by a centerboard not being down,

Geoff - I'm probably the only member of the current Web gang who has foolishly
turned a P-15 turtle. Just like you suggested, it was standing up, getting
tied up in the rigging, preparing to heave-to without completing the
procedure, getting hit by a gust, and of course not having the center board
secured in the down position.

To keep a P-15 from turning turtle we need only secure the centerboard in the
down position. I suspect we would all agree to this.

Nonetheless, I enjoy the discussion of alternate and more expensive ways of
resolving the problem.

Mention was made of the similarity of names in our Web gang. Over the years I
have kept a lot on the occupation of the participants. Every now and then one
of us will acknowledge his occupation and I would record this information. We
have a very well educated (either self or formal) and literate group of
individuals. I note that over the years an effort has been made to avoid
politics. I accept this as further evidence of good sense and intelligence.
I am indebted to you all for this source of enlightenment and enjoyment.

Richard S. Karam
P-15 #2090 Oops
Oklahoma City