RE: Sail Slugs: Again

Tiffany, Doug (TiffanyD@phibred.com)
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 17:12:32 -0600

I promised one of you measurements on slug spacing on a new sail, right? and
now I misplaced the message. I was going to go down to my warehouse today,
but there is about 1/2" of ice everywhere so I will do it tomorrow.

I hope that is soon enough, I know some of you have the presence of mind to
have located in an idyllic spot where the breezes are warm and the sailing
is year round. Maybe those of us in the frozen north only need that 1/2 a
deck we most assuredly have to sail only half the year. I probably have
about 1/4 of a deck since I spent the first 21 years of my life in the Bay
Area and wind up now in ND waiting the spring thaw. I suppose I could take
up Ice Boating, it would certainly be faster than you could drive/slide on a
day like today.

Anyway, those spacing measurements will come tomorrow. I will take my
lunch sitting in my warm but warehoused P19 and inspecting my as yet unused
sails while dreaming of warm breezes to come.

Doug Tiffany
WWP-19 #1067

-----Original Message-----
From: William Longyard [mailto:longyard@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 17, 1999 11:05 AM
To: wwpotter@tscnet.com
Subject: Sail Slugs: Again

Sorry to ask yet again but:

1. What is the slug spacing on the P-19?

2. I have plastic sail slugs that feature a plastic hinge piece that
slips over the bolt rope, and are clamped together with a stainless
screw. My question here is: Do I need reinforcing patches where the
screw goes through the sail to pull the plastic hinge piece tangs
together?

Thanks,
Bill Longyard
Winston-Salem, NC