Re: P19 Cabin mounted mast support/compression post

Gordon (hlg@pacbell.net)
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 12:20:59 -0800

I agree. The weight of the mast is trivial, but the force the stays exert
downward is formidable.

One of the things I like about my lateen rig is that I no longer have stays
trying to drive my mast through the bottom of the boat.

Still, there may be ways to support the mast compression without dividing
the vee-berth - some kind of arch or inverted vee, perhaps.

Harry Gordon
P14 #234, Manatee
Mountain View, CA