Re: Nissan 3.5

DAVID_KAUTZ@HP-Sunnyvale-om5.om.hp.com
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:59:46 -0800

Steve,

My Mercury 2.2 (aka Tohatsu, Nissan, Marubeni, etc) has a similar tube from
which water squirts continuously when the motor is running. And the manual
says that's the way it should be.

Is your Nissan a 3.5A (direct drive) or a 3.5B (neutral-forward)? The B
model uses a different lower unit which includes a different water pump,
different water inlet, different water exhaust, different reduction ratio
and a different pitch propellor, yada, yada, yada. Anyway, maybe the tube
is used diferently on the B.

You, too, could fill your mind with this type of trivia by spending a rainy
afternoon at my local West Marine store's book section (chairs provided)
reading the Nissan service manual they have there. Ostensibly for sale, but
getting rather dog-eared.....

More seriously, if you'd like me to look something up, I'd be happy to.
Unfortunately for the family finances, the store is only a few blocks from
my house (I'm considering having my paychecks sent there directly, rather
than me having to cash them first!). Harry, who lives even closer, tells me
it was the first West Marine store.

Dave Kautz
P-15 #1632 "Tilly Lucy"
Palo Alto, CA