Re: P15 List members!!

JBlumhorst@aol.com
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 02:10:58 EST

TiffanyD@phibred.com writes:

> One thing I would like to have is a description of how to use the
> 150% Genoa I bought. How do you come about/Jibe with such a big sail
> hanging out front? It seems to be that I would need to partially furl the
> Jenny, with CDI furler, pull it around and unfurl once on the new tack,
but
> I am usually wrong about these things.

Hi doug,

There's nothing special about tacking or gybing the 150% genoa. The only
important thing to remember is to run the sheets outside the shrouds (whereas
I recommend you run your sheets inside them for the lapper and storm jib).
Other than that, it's exactly like the other jibs.

One last thing, make sure your shroud turnbuckles are taped or have covers
over them. You don't want to rip your genny on a sharp wire or, even worse,
pull out a retaining ring on the turnbuckles with the jib sheets. That's one
good way to dismast your boat <g>

Best,
Judy B