Re: Used Potter questions

DAVID_KAUTZ@HP-Sunnyvale-om5.om.hp.com
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 12:52:35 -0800

Harry,

The liner only extends back as far as the bridgedeck on mine - the aft interior
of the hull, the flotation, transom reinforcment are all visible from the
inside.

If you want to see the details of the liner and CB trunk, swing by this evening.
I've got cushions and trim stripped out while working in the bilges on the CB
pivot. I'll be reassembling tonight!

I'm also thinking about a test sail this weekend (Sunday?) to check my repairs
for leaks. Are you, or any Potterers for that matter, interested in going out
for a few hours? I've never sailed at San Leandro........

Subject: Re: Used Potter questions
Author: Non-HP-hlg (hlg@pacbell.net) at hp-boise,mimegw7
Date: 3/15/99 9:04 PM

>2. I noticed inside the cabin along the seam where the hull joins the deck
>is a very sloppy glue job that reminds me of the foam insulation in a can.
>The other side is very clean and normal. Is this kind of workmanship
>common on Potters of this vintage, or I wonder if this boat had some kind
>of
>structural problems.
>
>Mike Ekern

Mike-

What is the hull number of the boat you're looking at? All the U.S.-built
Potters except the first generation model (like mine) have a liner in the
cabin that I would think would hide the hull-to-deck joint. (Someone else
will have to verify that; I don't have one to look at.)

Is it possible that a previous owner used spray foam to seal a leak at the
joint?

Harry Gordon
P14 #234, Manatee
Mountain View, CA