RE: Leaking centerboard trunk?

Eric Johnson (ej@tx3.com)
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 07:11:44 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01BE7433.3DF3E220

A small strip of $2 foam weatherstripping on top of the keel trunk, such
that it is compressed buy the keel top when it is down, will eliminate 90%+
of the water coming in through the trunk. I just use some stuff that comes
in a strip perhaps 3/8" wide and maybe 1/4" tall. I was really impressed
with how well it works.
-----Original Message-----
From: Scott [mailto:sfoshee@NMLRP.nmlrp.com]
Sent: Monday, March 22, 1999 6:39 AM
To: West Wight Potter - Post
Subject: Leaking centerboard trunk?

I need to know how to keep the water from squirting up inside the boat
through the centerboard trunk while beating into waves. I read this thread
a while back, but cannot remember what was decided. I think someone
mentioned weather stripping of some sort - what kind? Thank you for your
help.

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01BE7433.3DF3E220

A small strip of $2 foam weatherstripping on top of the keel trunk, = such=20 that it is compressed buy the keel top when it is down, will eliminate = 90%+ of=20 the water coming in through the trunk. I just use some stuff that comes = in a strip=20 perhaps 3/8" wide and maybe 1/4" tall. I was really impressed = with how=20 well it works.