Re: gas tank on step

Ted Duke (tedduke@usa.net)
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 16:21:02 -0500

Bill,

I lowered the folding steps that were on the Potter when I
bought it about one step. They had a rope sling step
added because they didn't go deep enough in the water to
do any good. I installed a step I bought at BOATER's
WORLD at the level of the original ladder top step.
Before I launch I stow the gas tank on it and tie it down
with a bunge. If I need to use the laddre I can unhook it
even from the water and climb over the tank, or move it
into the cockpit.

Now I only have to trip over 3 sheets, my coke that I
dropped and my feet.

Don't have a Boater's World catalogue, can't find my 1999
BOAT/US catalog, but 1997 M&E catalogue shows one called
FOOT REST COCKPIT STEP. Helmsman'sn Foot Rest. It is
#22185 and is 18" wide. Normal 3 gal tank sits right on
it.

I wouldn't be without it or some other way to get the tank
out from underfoot.

Ted Duke
WWPs19 #626
Mountains of Virginia