Re: Caution (was Keel winch for P-19)

Ron Force (rforce@uidaho.edu)
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 09:07:17 -0800

More bovine guano from the Internet. Here's the writeup from the
Computer virus Myths site: kumite.com/myths

Guts to Say Jesus Hoax
VirusName: Guts to Say Jesus Hoax
Aliases: Jesus Infection
Length: Hoax
Area of Infection: Hoax
Likelihood: Hoax
Region Reported: EMail
Characteristics: Hoax
Target Platform: Hoax
Target Date: Hoax

"Guts to Say Jesus" Hoax is not a virus and is a hoax. It is a sham,
meant only to panic new or inexperienced computer users...Please ignore
any messages regarding this supposed "virus" and do not pass on any
messages regarding it. Passing on messages about this hoax on serves
only to further propagate it.

Write-up by: Motoaki Yamamura January 14, 1999

"theodore f. boyer" wrote:

> Subject:
> caution
> Date:
> Thu, 25 Mar 1999 17:08:41 -0600
> From:
> "theodore f. boyer" <freelanc@execpc.com>
>
> Subject:
> VIRUS WARNING
>
> Dear friends & family. . . I received this from a friend. I don't know
> if it is true or not, but I do know my sister's computer crashed last
> week. Perhaps this was the reason. Proceed as you feel appropriate.
> Patti
<snip>
Ron Force rforce@uidaho.edu
Dean of Library Services (208) 885-6534