Spare Sails

Tom Bodine (tbodine@seasick.sps.mot.com)
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 17:52:59 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Folks

I'm considering buying a spare set of sails. I get
uncomfortable in winds above 10 mph. This cruise, I'm hoping
will cure me of that. This is the weather I expect this
summer.

I have the Lapper and standard Mainsail. Should I get a storm
jib or a regular jib. Should I get a storm mainsail and /or
add more reef points to the main besides the jiffy reefs?

> From: Felix Navejar <Felix.Navejar@noaa.gov>

> In summary, there is generally a southeast flow of 10 to 15 knots in
> the afternoon. If there is a surface high pressure center across
> Florida...expect southeast winds. If there is a surface high pressure
> center across Mississippi Valley...expect northeast wind along your
> sailboat path.

# Regards Tom Bodine @
# Skipper "Frimi" P-19 #1019 ,-+-'
# Dancing to the music life has given me. A