Re: keel lock down

Steve Barnes (Oldsurfdude@worldnet.att.net)
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 17:31:11 -0700

Bernard Johnson wrote:

> I have thought all along that it was prudent to have the keel locked
> down, now I am convinced it is suicidal if you don't.

I used to be bold, that is, foolish and reckless, thinking it was
courage. Then I went to the "Nam" in 1967. Since then I have decided
that, while not essentially desirable under either situation, it is one
thing to go out in a blaze of glory for some sort of cause, but it would
be really embarrassing to be killed by one's "hobby." So I take every
precaution I can think of while on the water. When I go, I want
everybody crying, not laughing and shaking their heads.

:)

Steve Barnes sailing a Capri-16, #74, no name yet,
and selling a WWP-14, Popeye, #561, in San Diego.
OLDSURFDUDE