Re: New Boat!

Andrew Sallee (ajsallee@engin.umich.edu)
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 07:51:53 -0400

From: Spooner <spooner@gateway.net>
To: wwpotter@tscnet.com <wwpotter@tscnet.com>
Date: Friday, April 09, 1999 11:00 PM
Subject: New Boat!

>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>help me with. What alternative can I use on the shroud pins besides
>those little round paper clip things to hole them in?

Your chandlery (Salty term for boat store - remember it well) carries detent
pins in the appropriate size. When you go to check it out, also remember to
bring your checkbook, you'll find lot's of other neat stuff.

>Also I started
>the Nissan 5 hp with the garden hose,

I hope you used a muff to ensure enough cooling water actually reached the
engine.

>it seems hard to find neutral with the flimsy
>little gear lever and when you do find it and let go of the lever in
>rests lightly against in gear mode and makes a gentle grinding unless
>you hold the lever centered,

No, that's not normal. There should be a good strong detent for neutral
(I've used the word 'detent' twice in the same note - 3 if you count this
one, but that would be cheating. Is that a record?) Take it in and get it
fixed. It could be dangerous if the engine slipped into or out of gear at
the wrong time.

Anyway, enjoy your boat as I'm sure you will.

Andy Sallee
Beatrix, P19-854