Re: Tilt trailers again

DAVID_KAUTZ@HP-Sunnyvale-om5.om.hp.com
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 12:14:20 -0700

Subject: Tilt trailers again
Author: Non-HP-djensen (djensen@teleport.com) at hp-boise,mimegw7
Date: 4/16/99 9:54 AM

I think that this problem is unique to the way you are testing - When you
actually launch, the stern of the boat will be floating by the time the boat is
halfway off the trailer. Set everything up so it's postitioned correctly for
trailering. The boat shouldn't rock at all when it's fully on the trailer. On
mine, which launches nicely, it takes significant strength to wiggle one of the
pivoting bunks side to side with the boat on it.

Dave Kautz
P-15 #1632 Tilly Lucy
Palo Alto, CA

When I winched 'er back up, I noticed that I had about an inch of space to betwe
en the
bunks and the boat with it resting on the rear roller. How do you guys adjust th
e bunks so
they don't grab the boat halfway down the tilt launch, but still provide *someth
ing* sturdy
to allow you on and off the boat while still on the trailer (it will rock like c
razy with the bunks
any looser than I got 'em. Note I also pounded my roller brackets out so they w
ould let
the rollers move freely. My trailer has three rollers, all located on the tilti
ng portion.

TIA for any advice tilters can offer

Derek Jensen
p-15 #694 "El Nino"