Re: Filling old holes and touching up Gelcoat

JBlumhorst@aol.com
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:09:40 EDT

In a message dated 4/22/99 7:58:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
RAeschlima@aol.com writes:

> << You may need to use
> laquer thinner or acetone as well to clean the area well. Don't use WD40
> (which works well to remove gook on gelcoat) because it might get into
the
> core and mess up your repair. >>
>
> Boy!
>
> I'd be really careful about getting any laquer thinner near my glass, it
can

> soften the whole thing and make a mess out of things.
>
> Ralph Aeschliman
> HMS-18 #67 Moby Duck
> Flagstaff, AZ 86001

Hi Ralph,

What kind of "glass" are you talking about? I've wiped old *gelcoat* down
with lacquer thinner many times and never noticed any problem. I'm not
talking about soaking it with lacquer thinner for hours, just wiping it with
a damp cloth.

Should I be worrying about it? I'm serious about the question.

Regards,
Judy B.