Request to all hands, Potter list

Dennis W. Farrell (dfarrell@ridgecrest.ca.us)
Mon, 3 May 1999 15:55:36 -0700

Please read the w-h-o-l-e thing, even though it's long. The procedural
items below are not my personal request - they're simply the way the mailing
list software is set up to work.
subscribe/unsubscribe you from the digest
Please do not use addresses such as
Re: wwpotter-d Digest V88 #204 or Fw: wwpotter-d Digest V88 #204
These sometimes work, sometimes don't work (i.e., I'm the only one who gets
to see your post !!) These generally happen when someone wants to post to
the list about something they saw in the digest and simply hits "Reply to
Author" or "Reply to All". This puts these incorrect addresses in the "To:"
line. To avoid this problem,
1) don't "Reply" to the digest, and
2) take just a moment and read the address line of things you are sending to
be posted.

When you post or "reply" to both the list and an individual, what you've
done is insure that the individual gets TWO copies. Example: