Re: keel paint

Steve Barnes (Oldsurfdude@worldnet.att.net)
Wed, 05 May 1999 11:57:03 -0700

bill payne wrote:

> I also confirmed that I have no reef points in the main. anybody know a
> sailmaker in San Diego?

A few years ago I had reef points put in my old P-14 by Neil Pryde. A
lot of places considered it too small a job to take on. At the time, it
was a reaonable price, but I don't remember what it was. One tip, on
such a small sail, don't bother getting those tie off points for the
foot, just get the reinforcement and grommets at the luff and leach.
You don't need those little foot tie offs, which will cost you more
money and will waste your time anyway, and there is just not enough sail
area there that it needs to be stowed. When you need to reef, you want
it to be quick, also.

http://www.paw.com/sail/neilpryde/cs_trim.htm

:)

Steve Barnes, now a lurker, sailing a Capri-16, #74, in San Diego.
(former WWP-14 skipper)
OLDSURFDUDE