Re: Steering Adjustment Screw on Nissan 5.0 4-stroke

theodore f. boyer (freelanc@execpc.com)
Sun, 16 May 1999 22:08:32 -0500

--------------8855FDDE873A44745170B05D

Dear Curt,
When the rudder kicks up, wrap its down line around the tiller holding it
firmly at the same time push the tiller upward like a lever. Do this two or
three times quickly and your rudder will be down again, ready to be tied off.
You can add an eye on top of tiller and it really works easily too (reduces
slippage along tiller). Do not try to just pull up on the down line. This will
result in your rudder popping out of the lower gudgeon and bending the upper
gudgeon with loss of steering control. What you want to do, is contain the
forces needed to lower the rudder, between the rudder and tiller only.
Ted - Milwaukee WWPotter19, Hull #0940 "Sea Breeze"