Re: boom storage in cabin

TillyLucy@aol.com
Wed, 19 May 1999 02:09:42 EDT

In a message dated 5/18/99 9:28:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time, hapilife@efn.org
writes:

> on my p15 the boom won't fit inside the cabin...almost though. just the
> length of the gooseneck OR the wooden thing at the aft end of the boom
> makes it too long to be stored inthe cabin. my boat is moored on the dock
> at the lake; i don't think anyone would steal my boom the dock has a
> locked entrance but...it ALMOST fits. i usually throw my rudder in the
> cabin it'd be nice to do the same with the boom. any ideas, gize and
> goyls?

What is the "wooden thing"? My boom has the gooseneck attached at one end
and is open at the other. Not particularly attractive but it does fit in the
cabin. I don't store it in there usually, I tie it next to the mast on the
cabin top so that I can leave it fully rigged - shortens set up time.

Dave Kautz
P-15 #1632 Tilly Lucy
Palo Alto, CA