Re: reefing the 15

TillyLucy@aol.com
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 15:53:27 EDT

In a message dated 6/19/99 9:13:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time, GSTahoe@aol.com
writes:

> Kent,
>
> Why not just use sheet metal screws? It seems to me they are stronger and
>
> lot less hassle than rivets. Am I wrong? That happened once before.
>
> Geoff
> P-15 Lollipop
> N. Lake Tahoe, NV

In the thin metal of the boom, I think pop rivets are ultimately stronger but
I would suggest doing the initial installation with sheet metal screws. Once
you are certain that everything is in the right place, you can always drill
out the holes and install pop rivets. Or, you can do like me (lazy) and wait
until the sheet metal screws pull out, THEN install the pop rivets.

Dave Kautz
P-15 #1632 Tilly Lucy
Palo Alto, CA